Monday, September 27, 2010

Help! Help, ho! Help!

Here is the beginnings of my thesis. I know it needs a bunch of work, but I wanted to post and get some sort of feed back from outside sources other than my own thoughts. So here goes!


In this paper I would like to take a peek inside the connection between queer identity in the South and the Protestant Christian interpretation, contradiction, and actions in the Bible Belt south by the individuals and churches themselves. When I began looking into this connection, I knew that trying to talk about sin is something I did not want to go in to, and first and foremost want that out on the table. This paper is not about whether homosexuality is a sin or not, but rather the stance and actions Christians and the institutions take and create toward homosexuals. I also want to say that in no way do I hold the opinion that homosexuals are not the same as Christians in some instances or vice versa. I will look at specific incidents in the history of the Bible Belt as well as interviews and sources of individuals growing up in the Bible Belt as a homosexual. 

2 comments:

  1. Great start! Nice clarity about your own stance...a little defensive, perhaps, but theses often tend to be :)

    Be more specific with the map, but this is a great start...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your thesis and idea is great! It might need a little more detail about where you are intending to go with it.

    ReplyDelete